Well, well, well…..
No real news to report. Getting comfortable on my dusty shelf despite my two youngest children’s desire to marry me off!
I just thought I’d confess to trying online dating again because I really enjoy making myself feel worse about being single. It’s my ‘cataclysmic brain’ apparently 😉 ……. Anyway, I’ve allowed myself one week of hell.
Here’s what I have to report ….
1. No women are romantically interested in me. I don’t know why, it’s a bit depressing.
2. Men think that I’m either a sex worker or an agony aunt. I’m neither.
3. I’m finding myself messaging men about how misogynistic they are (some of the profiles are good for a laugh, if you’re bored and I certainly am). I’m not sure that this is the point of online dating ….. It doesn’t go down too well with the menz. I’ve been blocked a few times.
4. I block a lot of people.
5. Women seem to like taking photos of their cleavage and men like taking photos of their cleavage *sigh*
6. I think that I may be too old and too cynical to ever date again.
7. An ex from over 10 years ago kept messaging me, I kept blocking, he kept making new accounts,
I filed a complaint … He’s stopped now.
8. I’m still very fragile and online dating is doing my ego no good at all because a) I’m not 20 anymore b) I don’t look like a porn star and c) I’m not 20 anymore …….
9. If do find someone worth messaging, they won’t reply. I’ve concluded that I’m just not cool enough.
10. There must be a better way but when you’re a single mum with no social life, how do meet anyone let alone someone to date?!
11. If someone does express more than just an interest, I tend to block them as I get freaked out at the prospect of actually meeting someone. This defeats the whole object of the exercise! I do apologise to those that I may have left bewildered and wondering what they did wrong
So there we have it. I’m sure online dating works for some people, in fact I know several who it has worked very well for. Somewhere in that little, messed up brain of mine, I need to accept that being single is ok and stop trying to fill the hollow in my life with a partner.
You must all think I’m a complete lost case. Sort of an even more tragic Bridget Jones figure. I guess I shouldn’t care if you’re all thinking how pathetic and needy I’m sounding.
So…take your love and tea and cakes from me, I have plenty to spare